CNY Traditional Kuih Kapit Krumkake Waffle Cookie Press
See bottom for a basic Krumkake recipe with step-by-step instructions.
You are buying a brand new Victorian style wafer iron made of aluminium, the ideal heat conductor. This wafer iron is designed for making flat wafers as well as yeast risen "Flemish wafer". Handle is made from non heat conducting material so it will stay cool whether used on coal fire or a stove.
Full length : 42 cm
Iron diameter : 11 cm
Krumkake or Krum kaka (i.e. bent or curved cake) is a Norwegian waffle cookie made of flour, butter, eggs, sugar and cream. Krumkaker are traditionally made in preparation for Christmas when they are eaten as a sweet dessert after the traditional Christmas Eve dinner, but can be enjoyed year long!
INGREDIENTS (makes 50 krumkaker)
+ 1/2 cup unsalted butter
+ 1 cup white sugar
+ 2 eggs
+ 1 cup milk
+ 1/2 tsp vanilla extract
+ 1 & 1/2 cup all purpose flour
1) Heat krumkake iron on stove at medium heat
2) Whip butter and sugar together in a bowl.
3) Add eggs one at a time while mixing well using a spoon
4) Then add milk, flour, vanilla and mix well.
5) Place a tsp of batter on preheated iron then press together.
6) Cook until brown (approx. 30 sec each side)
7) Remove from iron then quickly roll up around a stick or around a cone
8) Allow cookie time to cool and harden.
Please place any 6 items from any catergory into your basket the cost of the cheapest will be deducted from your basket.Please note
if returning an item purchased as part of one of our multi-buy offers, the value of the original discount will be offset against this return.