Mid-Autumn Traditional Pink mooncake mould 4-in-1
This a stunning plastic Mid-Autumn Festival Moon Cake Mould with FOUR (4) motifs
Mould made from hard polycarbonate designed for making moon cakes and jelly
Full length: 29 X 6 cm
Each block comes with 4 round cavities
Cavity size: 5 x 5 cm (Depth: 2 cm)
How to use this wooden mould for cookie / shortbread?
1. Freeze cookie dough in fridge 40 mins then divide into 50g each.
2. Dust mold heavily with flour before first use (dust lightly before additional molding) Remember to shake off excess flour
3. Roll out dough then proceed with molding.
RECIPE for TRADITIONAL MOONCAKE WITH LOTUS SEED PASTE FILLING
+ 100g Low protein flour (i.e. cake flour)
+ 60g Golden syrup
+ 30g Cooking oil
+ 1/2 tsp. Alkaline water (i.e. lye water)
Divide dough into 4 with each 48g
+ 460g Lotus seed paste (4 x 115g each)
+ Some White melon seed
+ 4 Salted egg yolks
+ Egg Wash:
+ Milk for lighter color OR 1 egg yolk plus 1 tbsp. milk for darker color
HOW'S IT MADE
1) Mix golden syrup, cooking oil and alkaline water
a) Sieve in flour and mix well until all ingredients fully combine into dough
b) Do not over knead/mix
2) Wrap with cling wrap, rest the dough for 2 hours
3) Roast some white melon seeds at 160C/320F for 5 minutes.
4) Mix salted egg yolks with 1 tbsp. rose cooking wine (any cooking wine)
a) This will remove any unpleasant smell from salted egg yolks
b) Steam for 5 minutes
5) Mix lotus seed paste with some melon seed
a) Place a salty egg yolk in the middle and roll into round shape
6) Place dough between cling warp
a) Roll out evenly into 2-3mm thin disc shape with a rolling pin
7) Wrap mooncake filling with dough
a) Shape mooncake with mooncake mould (lightly oiled)
8) Bake in preheated oven at 160C/320F for 10 minutes
a) Spray mooncake with some water to avoid crust cracking while baking
9) Remove from oven and brush with egg wash
a) Bake another 10 minutes or until golden brown
10) Crust of Mooncake will get glossy with soft texture after 2-3 days in air-tight container and finally ready to be served. ENJOY!
Get recipe here: http://mykitchen101en.com/making-traditional-mooncake-with-lotus-seed-filling/
Please place any 6 items from any catergory into your basket the cost of the cheapest will be deducted from your basket.Please note
if returning an item purchased as part of one of our multi-buy offers, the value of the original discount will be offset against this return.