Traditional Ban Chang Kuih / Kue Apam Balik (pancake) mould
This is a mould to make Kue Apam Balik or 'Ban Chang Kuih'.
Mould is made from copper tinted steel.
Mould is heavy duty & made with a very thick base to ensure a crispy and perfectly browned pancake.
Diameter: 6 in
Height: 1 in
+ 170g plain flour
+ 100g rice flour
+ 30g cornflour
+ 2 tsps baking powder
+ 1/2 tsp bicarbonate soda
+ 1/2 tsp salt
+ 150g caster sugar
+ 2 eggs
+ 1 tsp vanilla extract
+ 1 C (250ml / 8oz) of water
+ 200g unsalted, roasted peanuts OR sweet corn OR nutella
+ 120g caster sugar
+ 120g butter (melted)
HOW IS IT MADE
1) pulse nuts & sugar until finely ground (not powdery)
1) put all dry ingredients in a bowl then give it a quick mix
2) Mix the 3 liquid ingredients separately (bowl or jug)
3) Make a well in flour & pour liquid mix in to whisk until smooth
4) Cover it with clingwrap & refridgerate 3 hours (or overnight)
5) Heat apam balik / ban chiang kue mold
6) Before pouring in batter, give it a light spray of cooking oil or a dab of melted butter (for extra flavour as well as greasing for easy removal)
7) Pour in a small ampount of batter and swirl pan so that the batter covers the entire surface and even coats the edges.
8) Once bubbles have formed, sprinkle the peanut filling over the entire surface of the pancake and drizzle a bit of the melted butter over one half.
9) Cook till the bottom of the pancake is golden brown.
10) With a palette knife or spatula, flip one side of the pancake over the other to fold in half and remove from pan to cool on a plate or wire rack.
11) Cut in half or into small wedges and serve immediately.
Please place any 6 items from any catergory into your basket the cost of the cheapest will be deducted from your basket.Please note
if returning an item purchased as part of one of our multi-buy offers, the value of the original discount will be offset against this return.