Traditional LARGE Ban Chang Kuih / Kue Apam Balik (pancake) mould
This is the mould for making LARGE Kue Apam Balik OR 'Ban Chang Kuih'.
Mould is made from heavy duty copper tinted steel with very thick base to ensure a crispy and perfectly browned pancake.
Diameter: 9 & 1/3 in
Height: 1 in
RECIPE from York Hotel (SG):
+ 2kg plain flour
+ 70g rice flour
+ 130g corn flour
+ 500g sugar
+ 1.5 tsp baking powder
+ 1 tsp salt
+ 4 eggs
+ 3.3 litre water
+ 200g margarine (melted)
+ Peanuts (finely ground)
+ Margarine (melted)
HOW'S IT MADE:
1. Pour all batter ingredients except the melted margarine into a mixing bowl.
2. Place it in the mixing machine at medium speed for 15 minutes.
3. Slowly stir in margarine & carry on mixing for 5-to-8 minutes. Set aside.
4. Heat the pan on medium heat and add one ladle of batter. Spread evenly.
5. Let it cook for 1 minute, then sprinkle sugar over the batter.
6. Cover the pan for 1 minute.
7. Remove cover. Spread 1 tsp margarine & desired amount of peanut filling.
8. Fold ban chang kueh into half, and serve hot.
Please place any 6 items from any catergory into your basket the cost of the cheapest will be deducted from your basket.Please note
if returning an item purchased as part of one of our multi-buy offers, the value of the original discount will be offset against this return.