CNY EID Traditional Floral Flower Shape fruit jam tart cookie cutter
This cookie cutter is made of high-grade nylon in professional quality. Simple in the handling, long-lasting, robust and dishwasher-proof.
Each cookie cutter set contains ONE outer ring and ONE motives as shown in the picture above.
Cookie cutter size: 3.5 cm
+ 300g pineapple jam
+ 250g plain flour
+125g salted butter (if using unsalted add 1/5 tsp salt)
+ 30g icing sugar
+ 1 egg, for brushing
+ 2 egg yolks
1) Preheat oven at 160°C. Line baking tray with grease-proof paper
2) Cream butter and icing sugar until light
3) Beat in egg yolks, one at a time
4) Add in salt and beat until fluffy
5) Fold in sifted ingredients (divide 2-3 times) & mix into firm dough
6) Leave aside for 30 minutes
7) Put dough into a pineapple roll pastry press or mould
8) press out into a strip of 5cm length
9) Place pineapple filing at one end and roll up the pastry like Swiss roll
10) Do not overlap the pastry. Cut off the excess pastry
11) Put the rolls on the baking tray. Brush with egg wash
12) Bake in preheated oven for 15 minutes, turn baking tray 180 °C
13) continue to bake for 2 minutes or until golden brown
14) Leave to cool before storing / serving
RECIPE instructions from: http://food-4tots.com/…/homemade-pineapple-rolls-pineapp…/3/
EXTRA: Homemade Pineapple Jam recipe
+ 533g grated / crushed pineapple (from 3 x tins, drain well)
+ 250g caster sugar (adjust to your taste)
+ 4 cloves
+ 1 star anise
+ 1 cinnamon stick
+ juice of half a lime
+ 2 tsp of glucose syrup (optional)
+ 1 – 1.5 tsp of plain flour (optional)
HOW'S IT MADE
1) In a heavy based saucepan, bring all the ingredients to a boil, stirring frequently to combine and dissolve sugar.
2) Reduce heat to low and stir regularly for about 30 minutes until pineapple jam is dry. At this stage you can add the glucose syrup and mix to combine. If you’re using flour, sprinkle it in now and continue to cook.
3) Make sure you stir it frequently as the bottom will burn easily. Once it’s thick and jammy, take it off the heat, remove the cinnamon, cloves and star anise and allow to cool completely.
This Jam RECIPE & more from Karen: http://www.citrusandcandy.com/2010/02/chinese-new-year-malaysian-pineapple.html
Buy 5 get 1 free
Please place any 6 items from any catergory into your basket the cost of the cheapest will be deducted from your basket.Please note
if returning an item purchased as part of one of our multi-buy offers, the value of the original discount will be offset against this return.